Home Inspection and Real Estate Forum for Home Inspectors and Real Estate Professionals
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics  
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
[Logo]












What is a Home Inspection?
Clint Miller of Megatel Homes in Dallas Texas: No Full Inspections of our Homes Allowed!  XML
Forum Index » Legislation, Licensing, Ethics, and Legal Issues
Author Message
Nathan
King
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/17/2014 09:32 PM EDT
Messages: 5221
Location: Carmel, IN
Online

Megatel Homes wrote:Please review the policy and previous post. To reiterate, yes, we allow the full inspection. Moreover, as outlined in the Policy, the 30-day requirement serves to ensure appropriate scheduling for Megatel, its contractors, its insurers, etc. Megatel exercises flexibility and appropriate accommodations for its customers.


So is Megatel retracting/disavowing the message and policies of your supervisor Clint Miller per his emails he has been sending to Inspectors in the Dallas Area?

Are you now allowing full access to roofs, electrical panels, and all appliances?
[Email] [WWW]
Megatel Homes
Rolling Stone

Joined: 05/26/2017 05:52 PM EDT
Messages: 5
Offline

As we stated in our initial post:

"On behalf of Megatel Homes (“Megatel”), we would like to apologize for any confusion caused by the Clint Miller, Construction Manager, post. This post is not representative of Megatel’s Third-Party Inspection Policy (the “Policy”). ..."

We do also allow full inspection which includes access to roof, electrical panels and appliances, as outlined in our policy.

Again, we apologize for any confusion.
 Filename Megatel Homes Inspection and Third Party Invitee Policy (1).pdf [Disk] Download
 Description Megatel Homes Inspection and 3rd Party Invitee Policy
 Filesize 113 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  450 time(s)

Nathan
King
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/17/2014 09:32 PM EDT
Messages: 5221
Location: Carmel, IN
Online

Megatel Homes wrote:As we stated in our initial post:

"On behalf of Megatel Homes (“Megatel”), we would like to apologize for any confusion caused by the Clint Miller, Construction Manager, post. This post is not representative of Megatel’s Third-Party Inspection Policy (the “Policy”). ..."

We do also allow full inspection which includes access to roof, electrical panels and appliances, as outlined in our policy.

Again, we apologize for any confusion.


There is no confusion. You just posted a link to the exact same policy that prohibits homebuyers from having a home inspection. It specifically says they are not supposed to get on the roof and do a full home inspection. It specifically disadvantages homebuyers by requiring a 30 day notice of the intent to even get a home inspection. It completely negates any attempt to get a full home inspection as defined by the state of Texas

Rewrite your policy and retract the statements so that homebuyers can buy home from Megatel Homes and be protected like they are with other builders all across the nation.
[Email] [WWW]
Nathan
King
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/17/2014 09:32 PM EDT
Messages: 5221
Location: Carmel, IN
Online

For the record:

Megatel Homes has come here now on multiple occasions and said "sorry for the confusion" and then posted a link to a corporate document that says exactly what Clint Miller said in his email to Home Inspectors in the Dallas area.

Now they have terrible policies and zero integrity.

P. Nathan Thornberry
www.Nathan.tv
Take Your Career to the Next Level > https://youtu.be/hdBCJbl5byo
The #1 Vendor in Real Estate & Home Inspection
www.InspectionSuccess.net
www.RWSwarranty.com
www.InspectorServicesGroup.com
www.RecallChek.com
www.InspectorLab.com
www.InspectionSuperConference.com

Find a Certified Inspection Expert exclusively at www.InspectionCentral.net
Get your E&O Insurance at 20%+ off your current rates at www.RWSinsurance.com
[Email] [WWW]
Megatel Homes
Rolling Stone

Joined: 05/26/2017 05:52 PM EDT
Messages: 5
Offline

P. Nathan, to the extent the statements set forth in the original email which triggered your slew of targeted attacked varies from the policy we posted, yes, we retract that statement (but also note that the builder had no authority to make such statements, and was not an authorized representative of the company). As you know, however, that the statement was retracted in our original response on the Home Inspector Forum, but you chose to ignore it. The Company’s policy was made available to you and the public at large. Furthermore, you’ll note in the Facebook thread that homeowners have come forward and stated that Megatel does indeed permit home inspections. We have no issue with third party home inspectors, and we encourage our valued customers to obtain them.

We have tried to contact you multiple times via phone and also via direct message on the Home Inspector Forum. You have not responded. Instead, you have chosen to cower behind baseless, false, and defamatory attacks on the company. Strangely, you have even gone so far as to pay to promote your statements. We’re not sure why you would spend your resources in such a manner, but we applaud you for your dedication to trolling one of the top home-builders in Texas. It appears, however, based on a cursory Google search, you have a history of such tactics. We wish you the best of luck in Indiana, a state in which we do not have a presence. Should we ever choose to build in Indiana, we thank you in advance for the advertising.
Nathan
King
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/17/2014 09:32 PM EDT
Messages: 5221
Location: Carmel, IN
Online

Megatel Homes wrote:P. Nathan, to the extent the statements set forth in the original email which triggered your slew of targeted attacked varies from the policy we posted, yes, we retract that statement (but also note that the builder had no authority to make such statements, and was not an authorized representative of the company). As you know, however, that the statement was retracted in our original response on the Home Inspector Forum, but you chose to ignore it. The Company’s policy was made available to you and the public at large. Furthermore, you’ll note in the Facebook thread that homeowners have come forward and stated that Megatel does indeed permit home inspections. We have no issue with third party home inspectors, and we encourage our valued customers to obtain them.

We have tried to contact you multiple times via phone and also via direct message on the Home Inspector Forum. You have not responded. Instead, you have chosen to cower behind baseless, false, and defamatory attacks on the company. Strangely, you have even gone so far as to pay to promote your statements. We’re not sure why you would spend your resources in such a manner, but we applaud you for your dedication to trolling one of the top home-builders in Texas. It appears, however, based on a cursory Google search, you have a history of such tactics. We wish you the best of luck in Indiana, a state in which we do not have a presence. Should we ever choose to build in Indiana, we thank you in advance for the advertising.


Absolutely False.

Your post is misleading, your written policy is unacceptable, and on a couple occasions you called my office and held for 2 minutes for me and hung up. Upon returning the call, there was no answer.

Please update your written policies to not disadvantage home buyers. I will make a big announcement about it.
[Email] [WWW]
Megatel Homes
Rolling Stone

Joined: 05/26/2017 05:52 PM EDT
Messages: 5
Offline

This is P Nathan's reply on FB:

"You have tried to contact me and been on hold for less than 2 minutes and then hung up. Then on return call there is no answer."

To that we say: Your response is a blatant lie. We attempted to call your office twice. We left a message with your assistant. We never waited on hold. We have no record of your attempt to contact us, and if you did, please post proof of an outgoing call, and the time the call was made. Furthermore, we sent you a direct message with our contact information. You never responded. We would like to discuss this issue with you on the phone. We’re available today. Please provide us with a good contact number and time you are available.
Jeremiah Anderson
P. Diddy
[Avatar]

Joined: 08/02/2014 01:45 PM EDT
Messages: 611
Location: Blaine, MN
Offline

Megatel Homes wrote:P. Nathan, to the extent the statements set forth in the original email which triggered your slew of targeted attacked varies from the policy we posted, yes, we retract that statement (but also note that the builder had no authority to make such statements, and was not an authorized representative of the company). As you know, however, that the statement was retracted in our original response on the Home Inspector Forum, but you chose to ignore it. The Company’s policy was made available to you and the public at large. Furthermore, you’ll note in the Facebook thread that homeowners have come forward and stated that Megatel does indeed permit home inspections. We have no issue with third party home inspectors, and we encourage our valued customers to obtain them.

We have tried to contact you multiple times via phone and also via direct message on the Home Inspector Forum. You have not responded. Instead, you have chosen to cower behind baseless, false, and defamatory attacks on the company. Strangely, you have even gone so far as to pay to promote your statements. We’re not sure why you would spend your resources in such a manner, but we applaud you for your dedication to trolling one of the top home-builders in Texas. It appears, however, based on a cursory Google search, you have a history of such tactics. We wish you the best of luck in Indiana, a state in which we do not have a presence. Should we ever choose to build in Indiana, we thank you in advance for the advertising.


Just post here, why the need for multiple attempts via phone and direct message? This is a community here, and we all would appreciate hearing/reading your response.
[Email] [WWW]
Nathan
King
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/17/2014 09:32 PM EDT
Messages: 5221
Location: Carmel, IN
Online

Megatel Homes wrote:This is P Nathan's reply on FB:

"You have tried to contact me and been on hold for less than 2 minutes and then hung up. Then on return call there is no answer."

To that we say: Your response is a blatant lie. We attempted to call your office twice. We left a message with your assistant. We never waited on hold. We have no record of your attempt to contact us, and if you did, please post proof of an outgoing call, and the time the call was made. Furthermore, we sent you a direct message with our contact information. You never responded. We would like to discuss this issue with you on the phone. We’re available today. Please provide us with a good contact number and time you are available.


We have complete phone records we will not be sharing with you of course because it's a ridiculous request. Why are you calling anyway? Adjust your written policy on your website that disadvantages home buyers. Then post them here, and stop making blatant misrepresentations that all can see here.
[Email] [WWW]
Nathan
King
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/17/2014 09:32 PM EDT
Messages: 5221
Location: Carmel, IN
Online

.

P. Nathan Thornberry
www.Nathan.tv
Take Your Career to the Next Level > https://youtu.be/hdBCJbl5byo
The #1 Vendor in Real Estate & Home Inspection
www.InspectionSuccess.net
www.RWSwarranty.com
www.InspectorServicesGroup.com
www.RecallChek.com
www.InspectorLab.com
www.InspectionSuperConference.com

Find a Certified Inspection Expert exclusively at www.InspectionCentral.net
Get your E&O Insurance at 20%+ off your current rates at www.RWSinsurance.com
[Email] [WWW]
Nathan
King
[Avatar]

Joined: 06/17/2014 09:32 PM EDT
Messages: 5221
Location: Carmel, IN
Online

As it turns out, Megatel's policies aren't the worst in Texas. See post about D.R. Horton.

P. Nathan Thornberry
www.Nathan.tv
Take Your Career to the Next Level > https://youtu.be/hdBCJbl5byo
The #1 Vendor in Real Estate & Home Inspection
www.InspectionSuccess.net
www.RWSwarranty.com
www.InspectorServicesGroup.com
www.RecallChek.com
www.InspectorLab.com
www.InspectionSuperConference.com

Find a Certified Inspection Expert exclusively at www.InspectionCentral.net
Get your E&O Insurance at 20%+ off your current rates at www.RWSinsurance.com
[Email] [WWW]
 
Forum Index » Legislation, Licensing, Ethics, and Legal Issues
Go to:   
© 2014 Inspector Services Group